Trict…shipwa…seesswre…jezoof. I know they aren't real words but type them as fast as you can. NOW. FASTER. YOU’RE TOO SLOW! BOO!!!
Am I alone in this or does everyone hate those horrid blog verification words? Yes, you do—I know you do.
Well good news. YOU CAN TURN THEM OFF.
So this is my plea today. Everyone go into the settings on your blog and turn it OFF. I know they are there to help people from getting comment spam, but has anyone ever REALLY gotten comment spam? I never have. And even after I turned mine off, I haven’t gotten comment spam.
Need help? Have no fear. This is easy peasy. Well kind of...
If you are using the new blogger interface you will have to switch back to the old one. There was a problem and they forgot to add this link to the new interface.
Switching to old interface.
- Click Design on the top of your blog page
- See that little gear close to your picture? Click it.
- Click Old Blogger interface. Now we are cruising :)
Turning off Verifier
- Click Settings
- Click Comments
- Scroll to the almost bottom and Click NO for Show word verification for comments
- That is it! Now you can switch back to the new interface if you were using it. The link is at the top of the page.
Please take 2 minutes and switch it off…I’m begging you. Angela Ackerman (TheBookshelf Muse) did a post of this very thing back in March—Is Your Blog Easy To Love? She totally backs me up.
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see—Your comment has been published—and I didn’t even have to type in that nonsense word!
Please will you do it? I’m BEGGING you. It can be your New Years present to me :)