Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kidney stone free!

Hey everybody J I’m back and recovering nicely! Thank you for the wishes for a fast recovery. I think it worked.

There is nothing quite as demoralizing as writhing in pain for a two weeks, needing a surgery, waking up begging for morphine—only to have the doctor hand you a vile of what looks like sand (they had to blast my kidney stone) and thinking—ALL THAT TROUBLE FOR THIS!!!

My kids wanted to see my kidney stone, and I will just say that my 6 year old was less than impressed with my vile. The look on her face was priceless. She said, “That’s it?” But her face said, “My mom is crazy! I walk over stones like that to school.” I think she was expecting something grander :)

Aside from the pain I think the worst part of the ordeal was being so tired. Pain killers are the worst. I could barely focus. I tried writing and everything was garbled. I tried reading and fell asleep every time. Yuck!

I’m so happy to be coherent! Thanks for all the nice thoughts and wishes, I really appreciated it :)

-Angie

21 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Sorry you had to go through all that, but glad you're coming out the other side :-)

Nick Wilford said...

Glad you're back! :)

Kelley Lynn said...

So glad to see you back!

Tara Tyler said...

yay! so glad you're functional again! missed ya!

Meredith said...

So glad you're feeling better! I can't imagine how painful that must have been. And your daughter's expression is hilarious!

Ruth Josse said...

Yay yay! So happy you are on the mend. It is a bit ridiculous that something so small could deliver such misery. At least with labor you get a baby out of it. Stones and dust are a terrible payoff.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

YAY! You're back!! :D I'm so happy you're doing better!

Cassie Mae said...

That face is priceless! Lol. And I'm glad my chanting around the computer helped you out :)

Jennie Bennett said...

Glad to have you back! I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Jolene Perry said...

I hate painkillers.
I hate being in bed.
I hate feeling all woozy.
Sucks.
It's really annoying when you're lying there, all uncomfortable, and you think - I could be writing with this time or reading with this time and you just don't have the energy or focus for either.

I really hope you're up and about and back to normal soon!

Emily R. King said...

Yay! You're back, and you're not stoned anymore! Hahahaha! I guess you don't have a future as a drug dealer, do you? : )
Glad you're feeling better, Angie. You were missed!

Shallee said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry about the kidney stone and the surgery. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, though!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Whew! I suppose if the littlest things can bring us joy, then it would make sense that the smallest things can also bring pain? Either way, glad you're feeling better overall! :)

Deana said...

HA! I love the picture:) Kids reactions are priceless. But man, imagine that rubbing in all the wring places and I am so happy for you that it is gone and you are feeling better. Welcome back Angie!

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've never had kidney stones, but they sound horrid.

Leigh Covington said...

The look on her face really is priceless! And I love what she said! HA! That's awesome. I'm so glad you are feeling better though. Good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

We're glad that you're back :)

Sara Bulla said...

Welcome Back Sista! I love that you captured your daughters expression. Fantastic! :)

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Oh no! Looks like I found your blog just as you were recovering. Glad to hear everything is better:)

LAH said...

Oh my gosh, that picture is just adorable. HAHAHA I love it.

Trisha said...

Love the picture ;) I'm glad you're better now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...