Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Tribute

What is blogging? I'm still figuring that out, but I can tell you what it's not. It's not just cranking out a daily or weekly post about random thoughts, as I once believed. Turns out, it's a whole lot more!

This is my acknowledgement or tribute to you rock solid bloggers out there who help those of us who are new to the game. You teach us how to get involved, connect with one another and have fun through interviews, blogfests, contests, giveaways, etc. etc. etc.

In my short blogging life, I've had incredible fortune. A couple of months ago, I won, Become by Ali Cross and some deluxe swag on Mel Fowler's awesome blog, Adventure Writes. Become is my first e-book experience and so far, so good. I won't spill the beans yet, but hope to give a full report on the book and my e-book reading experience soon. Thanks Mel for helping me take my first plunge into e-books and for sharing your awesome blog with all of us!

Another blogging first for me was the Wrap It Up blog hop hosted by David Powers King, Leigh Covington and J.A. Bennet. I had a great family story to tell, and took at stab at this fun holiday hop. It was awesome! I read some great flash fiction by a bunch of you and I ended up winning! It was like Christmas a week early! I loved it! Thank you David, Leigh and Jennifer for hosting this - I learned so much.

Most recently I participated in E.R.King's blogging survey. I actually learned a ton about blogging from this. You should check out the results here. I was really surprised by some of the outcomes. And as luck would have it, Emily was kind enough to have a survey give away and I was the name drawn out of the hat. :) Crazy, right? I'm so excited.

Now if you really want to get serious, you'll check out Chad Morris's latest survey, "Tackling the Hard Issues". Not to mention Shelly's Therapy Hour. Get to know these guys on their blog: Writing with Shelly and Chad.

This is a small handful of people who rock the house when it comes to blogging. How do you guys do it??

This isn't a rhetorical question - I'm serious! How do you all do it? :)

Though I only had room to mention a few, I salute all of you who do survey's, giveaways, fests, blog hops, interviews, and in the meantime, sneak in all sorts of good info, humor and education. On behalf of all of us little people, Thanks! :)

p.s. Angie is home, heavily sedated and hopefully on the road to recovery! ;)

--Sara


10 comments:

Kelley Lynn said...

Haha. I'll be interested to read what goes in here. I'd like to know the same thing! :)

Meredith said...

Congrats on winning Become! I loved that book. :) And blog hops are always so much fun!

Leigh Covington said...

Sara, you're so cute! I was totally surprised by the massive amount of hops and fests out there, but they have become a favorite part of blogging. It's one of my favorite ways to find to bloggers and connect!

Emily R. King said...

Blogging is a huge undertaking. You either love it or you don't. If you love it, you find a way to make it work for you and your schedule.
I think you're doing just fine, Sara. The hardest part is the first step: putting yourself out there. Once you take that first step, it gets easier from there.

Unknown said...

I don't rock at blogging either, but I hope to someday! By the sounds of it, you have to host something. Hmm...

Donna K. Weaver said...

I know, right? Those bloggers are so insightful. I always look forward to their posts and feel inadequate in comparison.

Glad to hear Angie's home, though heavily sedated doesn't sound so awesome. I'm keeping her in my prayers.

prerna pickett said...

I love all the fun stuff bloggers come up with.

Kim said...

Ahhh... *sighs*
I too love those bloggers you mentioned...
Glad that Angie is home!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about your e-reading experience. I still haven't ventured that far yet either.

All the best to Angie! Hope she's better soon.

Anonymous said...

You've had the joy to participate in so much recently, and you seem to have so much luck. I hope it rubs off onto me one day :)

You're nice Sara :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...