Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fare thee well

What was the first book you read after you completed your novel? Do you remember? Was it a different reading experience for you?

I guess every reading experience is different, but the Hunger Games was my first read after I finished my own manuscript.

I was amazed at the new details that stood out to me. The POV. The present tense. The clever way Suzanne Collins weaves through passages of time - but always keeps us ever present. The unique, simple descriptions. The dialog staying true to every character. The internal dialog. Powerful action sequences and the nail biting moments of suspense (I guess that's pretty much the whole novel!).

It was amazing! A completely different experience than it would have been had I read it a year ago before I started this writing adventure.

I've learned so much about writing by -- well, writing. :) And of course blogging is a huge part of that. I've learned a lot from your posts and from my own posts and getting feedback from you. But unfortunately, I'm going to take a break for a while. There are a few demands outside the blogosphere that deserve more attention. And if I ever do get a moment to myself, I know I'll be working on my WIP.

The more involved I become in Blogging, the more time I want to dedicate to it. And I just can't squeeze more hours from the day.

I feel like my 'season' for blogging will circle back around and I'll definitely be riding that train! But for now, I'll wave goodbye to you all from the station and wish you the very best on your blogging adventures. Thank you for the help you've given me and I look forward to checking out your blogs from time to time!

It's been a Pleasure!

--Sara

19 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Good luck in your endeavers, Sara. I hope you accomplish everything you set out to do.

Sarah Tokeley said...

You take care now Sara, and do what you need to :-)

Trisha said...

Woah, this is unexpected!!! I'm sorry to hear you're waving us goodbye, but perhaps you'll be back soon when life is less hectic!

Take care!

Cassie Mae said...

I'm miss you tons!!! Your posts are always so informative, inspiring, and make me smile :) Enjoy that train ride, and I hope you'll loop your way back over here when things get less crazy :)

Ruth Josse said...

You'll be missed! But I understand completely. Blogging does take a lot of time and if there are other things on your horizon that need your attention, then you are smart to take a break. Good luck with everything!

Angela Brown said...

Blogging is wonderful. I, too, have learned and grown so much from being a part of this wonderful community. But you must do what is certainly best for you. You will be missed. I'ved loved your posts and whenever you make it back, we'll be here :-)

Kelley Lynn said...

We're so gonna miss you! Good luck with everything!

Angela Cothran said...

Sara, I will miss you. But I'm lucky you are my crit partner so I still get to hear from you :) You take care!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wait, what? We'll miss you ... but I understand. Blogging takes serious amounts of time. Come back soon.

Jenny S. Morris said...

It is sad that you have to say goodbye for now. But I understand. Good luck!

Leigh Covington said...

So sad to hear it, Sara - but I completely understand. It's hard to keep up on blogs and get everything else done too. I wish you the best of luck with everything and look forward to you being in the blogosphere again! :)

Brooke said...

Sara, I forgot to say "Thanks" for the Versatile Blogger Award. So - Thanks! I really appreciate it, being so new to all of this. I really started the blog so I would have an excuse to write, and am glad I was able to meet you through the blog. Good luck with balancing all that is in your life - I know I've found that I can only blog about once a week, and still keep control of the house and kids! Best of luck. -Brooke

McKenzie McCann said...

I hope you enjoy your break. Get some good writing done. I'll be waiting for your return!

Nick Wilford said...

I hope you manage to deal with everything and get some great writing done too. Look forward to your return!

Meredith said...

Good luck with your break! I'm wishing you lots of productivity and happiness. :)

Kim said...

Noooooo! I love reading both your posts and comments. But I agree - blogging is labor -intensive! Good luck with your other pursuits... and maybe I'll see you at Storymakers :)

Ben & Becca said...

You were the only reason I followed this blog. I will return to reading blogs, when you return to writing them.

Anonymous said...

arrrh shame! good luck and hope you get more time soon!

Unknown said...

I just finished Catching Fire and realized it is was present tense. I completely missed that in the first book. I'm so bad. But to be honest, I don't always notice the craft of writing. Sometimes I do, if it's an unusual format or I find myself taken by the prose, but not very often. But I'm super aware of it in TV shows.

Good luck on your WIP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...