Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm too sexy for myself???

The post I wrote for today has been bumped to Monday because I happened upon this video and enjoyed it too much! I hope you do too!

I love that in writing--adding flaws, or at least being honest about character flaws: physical, emotional or whatever, adds to and shapes our characters. We're not going for perfection, we want authentic.

But for the media, flawlessness is the name of the game and now there's the prefect product available to anyone! Check it out:




As promised, here's the update on Angie: She's in surgery today, but will be back on the blog radar Wednesday of next week, so stay tuned! I've passed along all of your well wishes on her behalf - Thank you. I think she's itching to be back in the saddle and I, too, hope she has a speedy recovery.

Have a great weekend!

--Sara

15 comments:

Meredith said...

Love this! The ending line made me laugh out loud. I love this new campaign against magazines and their ridiculous standards of beauty.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Ad-doe-bay. This is fabulous!

Jennie Bennett said...

I saw this yesterday! So freaking fantastic!

Leigh Covington said...

Oh my gosh! I saw this on FB, but hadn't had time to watch it! It's killing me! Totally love it. Thanks for the share :) Have a great weekend. :)

Miranda Hardy said...

So true! Glad I can stop this pesky diet. I have Photoshop! Lol

Angela Brown said...

I'm continuing to wish Angie well. Poor thing.

And that video?????

Wow...
Just...
Wow...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

hahahah I saw this over on Ciara Knight's blog as well. Funny how you two ladies blogged about the same video on the same day.

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Because Surgery is no fun - I've given you an award! feel free to play or not. www.jayerobinbrown.blogspot.com

JennaQuentin said...

I had to share this on facebook - too funny! Great comparison to writing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope everything went well for Angie today!

Kelley Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! This is wonderfully hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Happy healing to Angie, and thanks for sharing that video.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

It's funny because it's true. :)

JoLynne Lyon said...

Hahahaha! Loved the reality check.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I LOVE that video! I saw it a few days ago, and have been chuckling to myself ever since.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...