Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Mid-Week!

I have a friend who randomly puts $20 bills into books when she's finished with them. Her reasoning is that, the next time she cracks that book open, "Hey! $20!" It's just like when I find my favorite lip gloss in the pocket of my winter coat or a handful of change between the couch cushions. I love random surprises! :)

Well, as I was scavenging through some of my old folders and files yesterday, I stumbled onto a packet of letters from an old friend. I felt like I'd just found a buried treasure. It was so fun. On the back of one of the letters was printed the following quote. I liked it and I hope you do too. I don't know who wrote it, but it's good! Happy Wednesday!

p.s. Angie is scheduled for surgery on Friday. Send love, prayers, Angels, good vibes, etc. etc. etc! We'll hopefully have her back in action next week. :) I'll post again on Friday with any updates that I have. Until then ... have a great couple of days!

Promise Yourself

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. To make all your friends feel that there is something in them. To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. To think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best. To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own. To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile. To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

--Sara

19 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Excellent quote and great find. I love finding things I hadn't seen in a long time. It's exciting. I hope a goes well with Angie.

Kelley Lynn said...

Great quote! And I'm praying for Angie and a speedy recovery!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Enjoyed that quote - thanks for sharing!

Sending good thoughts Angie's way... :)

Jaye Robin Brown said...

I sometimes money in coat pockets the following winter. That's always a happy dance day.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I love finding old letters from friends.
Great quote, too. Thanks!

ilima said...

Old pictures do it for me. So fun. Best of luck, Angie!

Meredith said...

That quote is perfect for writers! What a fun thing to find. I hope Angie recovers soon!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

On, no! Poor Angie! I hope she's okay! And old pictures and notes are so fun to pull out. I love looking through them and remembering all the fun times I've had. Thanks for the post! :D

Cassie Mae said...

Perfect!

And I love finding stuff like that. I spent hours just the other day looking through my Harry Potter collection I keep under my stairs. :)

Jennie Bennett said...

Great quote! Very inspiring!

Donna K. Weaver said...

LOVE that Promise Yourself! I'm so stealing it.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Oh poor Angie. It has been fun to get to know you better Sara. We don't usually get so much time with you :)

Ruth Josse said...

Great, great quote! What a fun find. :)

Hoping everything goes smoothly for Angie!

Stacy Henrie said...

That's a fun idea about the money! I looked through some old papers from high school the other day looking for something and it was fun to remember back.

Kim said...

Oh, I love random surprises!

And tell Angie we miss her! She has such an encouraging, fun on-line presence. Wishing her all the best...

Emily R. King said...

My grandmother put money in everything, too. When she died we found $100 bills everywhere!

Feel better soon, Angie!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love the quote! And I guess the money thing is a good way to convince yourself to re-read books. :)

I hope all goes well with Angie!

Brooke said...

I love the quote - and I am constantly finding tubes of lip gloss in old coats as well! Which is why I can never find them in my makeup bag when I'm getting ready. :-)

Maggie said...

Good luck with the surgery, and I Love the quote!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...