I am a terrible speller! There—that's out now. Sigh. I feel so much better after that confession. I guess every writer has a weakness—spelling is definitely one of mine (I have plenty).
If it weren’t for automatic spell check my writing may be unreadable. In fact I use Google Chrome because it shows me misspellings anywhere I type on the internet.
I want to be a better speller. I actually try and get better—and I am doing it slowly. But—there are words I can never spell no matter how hard I try:
- Necessary: I spell it necissary
- Prejudice: I spell it predjuice
- Throat: I spell it throut
- Shoulder: I spell it sholdure
- Definitely: I spell it definatley
- Jealous: I spell it jelouse
- Gorgeous: I spell it goregouse
I’ve noticed that letters are my problem—the wrong ones—in the wrong places. LOL. That's the definition of misspelling :)
I’m telling you I practice these words but for some reason they don’t stick—I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve told myself pre-jud-ice. My husband finds this one of my funniest quirks. We at least he likes it ;)