Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Tag Backs!

Alright, as you can see directly below this post, I've be tagged and now I must answer some really random questions about myself. Darn. I enjoy being that mysterious blogger no one knows anything about. Oh well... So here's a little random-ness about me:

1. Do you think you are hot?
Not currently, no. The AC is on, I'm kicking back in some jeans and a t-shirt and my hair is in a messy bun. But last weekend, when you saw me at Walmart in that little red number, with a pair of yellow Prada and a matching Gucci handbag, my hair in platinum blonde cascades of curls, yes, yes I did think I was pretty hot.

2. Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.
I sure hope I do this right... I've never uploaded a picture onto blogger...


Looks like I did it! Maybe... I guess I'll see when I post it.

Anyway, this is my wallpaper at the moment. I just got home from living in Germany for seven months and this is a picture of the Altstadt ("Old City" most towns in Germany have a little fussgängerzone ("pedestrian zone") where the historic part of town is and people on foot can soak up the German past) in the little town I lived it, Weiden in der Oberpfalz. I miss it soooo much, so I put the picture as my wallpaper so I can have a good cry over it every time I turn on my computer. (Maybe for my mental health I should change it to something else...)

3. When was the last time you ate chicken?
Does processed chicken count? If so, about ten hours ago for lunch.

4. The song you listened to recently.
To my younger brother's great disgust, I've been listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack in my car for the last two weeks. I love it!!!!

5. What were you thinking while you were doing this?
I was thinking I don't own a "little red number", a pair of Prada, or even know what a Gucci handbag was until I started this blog post (I googled "designer handbag" to find a brand name). If I did, I wouldn't wear them to Walmart. Also, I miss Germany and wish I had more chicken nuggets. Oh, and "How do you solve a problem like Maria?".

6. Do you have any nicknames? What are they?
Oh, where to begin...
Amez: I don't know how this came about, but my best friends call me this from time to time.
Amy-ca: My little brother's name is Eric. And sometimes I'm a jerk and call him Erica. In retaliation, he now calls me Amy-ca
Amy Lee: The German lady I worked with called me this.
Dahlke: pronounced "doll-key" a lot of people call me this because my last name is just too darn cool.
Amelia: When I was in 7th grade I often complained that my name was lame and too short. On one such occasion, my mom looked at me in confusion and said, "You mean we never told you? Your real name is Amelia." So, after going through a difficult time in which I had an identity crisis and had to visit a therapist twice a week for six months, my mom and best friends occasionally call me Amelia. Just to mess with my mind. The meanies.

7. Tag eight blogger friends.
I'm not sure if they'll see it but:
  • Sara Bulla (Now you have to do it twice!)
  • Rebekah W
  • Mindy T
  • Brenna W
  • Tristi Pinkston
  • Karen Hoover
  • And two beautiful volunteers? Maybe some new fans I've acquired now that you know me? I would love to get to know you!
That was fun! Thanks, Angie!

~Amy Dahlke

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

That was awesome Amy! You do have a cool last name and you made me hungry for chicken nuggets :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...