My brain is kind of mushy today so instead of something “writerly” I thought I would share something “wise.”
So here are a few words of wisdom from my kids :) Everyone take notes.
- “It’s okay you are mad all the time Mom. We love you anyway.”
- “All I know is that I’m not going to be hunting ostriches anytime soon.”
- “You can never have too much pizza, but you can definitely have too much peanut butter!”
- “I always think I’m taller than people, but it turns out there are a lot of people taller than me.”
- “I like to try new things…except for beans. I wish beans were expensive.”
- "Mom, do you get fatter every birthday?" (I did find out that by "you" he meant all people :)
- "You can't expect us to help EVERYDAY!" (Oh yes I can. Insert maniacal laughter here)
I try and keep track of the things my kids say. I never know when they will spout off something profound, and hey, maybe there is a book in there somewhere :)
What about you—what “wise” things do your kids say?