While I'm querying and pursuing my dream of publication, I’ve got to do something to keep my mind occupied. So, I thought I would set two goals.
1)I will be doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November. I’ve never done it before and I think it will be good practice for me to try and hit a goal. I usually write or don’t write based on how I feel. Wow—50,000 words! I’m an over achiever but even that is a high goal for me.
2)My other goal is to read 12 books in October. I feel like my reading has been slipping lately. I miss it so much :( I have 19 days to reach my goal and I already have 4 books done. Here is my list:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs– Read October 1, 2011
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – Read October 3, 2011
- Possession by Elana Johnson – Read October 9, 2011
- When the Tripods Came by John Christopher – Read October 11, 2011
- Illusions by Aprilynn Pike – Currently Reading
- The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangun – TBR
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith - TBR
- Veiled by S.B. Niccum - TBR
- The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker – TBR
- The Maze Runner – James Dashner – TBR
- River Secrets – Shannon Hale – TBR
- Seven Miracles That Saved America – Chris Stewart - TBR
My To Be Read list may change depending on the library, and maybe if I am fast I can throw in a few more.
What are the most books you ever read in one month? Or the most words you wrote?