Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer Fact or Fiction Part One


Such a fun bloghop! Thanks Emily and Melodie. Here is mine…

The Lollipop
 by I Should Be Folding Laundry   
            It’s just the thing I want.
            I can see the giant lollypop right in the doorway of the shop. Its brightly colored swirls make my mouth water. Mickey and his friends stare at me from the wrapper. They’re just daring me to eat them!
            I’m holding Angie’s hand while the crowd pushes around us. But Mom told us to wait here. The worst part of being in a family with five kids is waiting.
            “Angie, I want to go in there.” I pull on her hand and point at the shop.
            “No way,” she says. “Mom told us to wait.”
            Now I start pouting. It’s not fair. I still have five dollars. Five—whole—dollars! I could probably buy a million giant lollypops.
            Mom is taking my sisters to the bathroom. They will take f-o-r-e-v-e-r!
            There are lots of people here. Angie’s watching the parade, but I’m too short. All I can see are lines of bums, fanny packs, and strollers. She lets go of my hand and starts clapping. When it drops back to her side—I don’t grab it.
            I’ll be really fast. She won’t even know I left.  I wait for a second to see if she will notice she doesn’t have my hand.
             She doesn’t.
            I take a small step back to see if she will notice.
            She doesn’t.
            Then before she can stop me, I turn and run. 

Hehehehe J Is it truth or fiction?
-Angie

22 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

this is tough, scary & realistic!
guessing on wed!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Very scary. And I can so see it happening!

Emily R. King said...

So fun and playful! I think this one is true. I hope he/she got a lollipop!

ilima said...

Ooh. If that were my child...eep. Haha. Can't wait to read Wednesday's story.

Libby said...

I'm going with fact!

Jessie Humphries said...

Haha, that sounds like fact. A funny one too. For the kid!

Jess Stork said...

Sounds realistic to me. The power of a lollypop is dangerous.

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Ohh! I’m just going to have to go with fact for that one. Can I have a lollipop for voting?
~Aidyl

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Ohh! I’m just going to have to go with fact for that one. Can I have a lollipop for voting?
~Aidyl

Livia Peterson said...

This is so realistic. Well written too!

Melodie Wright said...

Hmmm...I don't want to be a sucker here. (couldn't resist!)
I'm waiting on Wed.'s post to be sure but I'm leaning toward truth.

Kelley Lynn said...

I think this one is true. Little stinker :)

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I'm going with fact! Lollipops are too tempting. ;)

Unknown said...

How fun, but I'm thinking fiction.

Kathryn Purdie said...

I'm betting on true! I can see myself doing this as a child, scary as it is.

Shell Flower said...

I can't decide on this one. It's tricky. I'll reserve a guess until Wednesday. This story makes me think of my son when he was little. He would've totally ran off to buy a lollipop.

Kela McClelland said...

I'm back and forth, but I think it's true. Then again, Idk...Guess I'll see what I think after Wednesday's post. :)

Morgan said...

Gaaaaaah... true????? ;)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Oh man, yours are hard! I'd say this one is false. I'm just randomly guessing here.

Melissa Sugar said...

I read your stories in reverse order. I am swamped at work and trying to sneak in a few stories whenever I can. I have to vote fiction here, but only because I felt the truth in your second one. You are an awesome storyteller.

Suzi said...

My guess: fiction

Jackie said...

Hmm... well, I said the other story was fact so I guess that means I have to say this one is fiction... but now I don't know!
Great writing! You have me stumped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...